What is a Great Story? To me, it’s like a Hero’s Journey. It’s an epic that includes struggle, strife, challenges and tragedies, yet ultimately relays the tale of the how the heroine overcame her challenges, slayed her dragons and lived to tell her victorious tale.
Your Great Story is alive and well in you. To begin the conversation, here are a few questions to ponder:
- What will you be most proud of at the end of your life?
- What is the legacy you want to leave?
- Who did you have to BE in order for this to be true?
- What dragons have you – or will you have had to – slay?
- What was your secret weapon in slaying them?
- What’s one word you’d like others to describe you as when you’re gone?
- What would your 90-year-old self tell the YOU of today?
We have much more influence in how our stories go than we might initially realize.
What story are you working on?