Hi – my name is Gage and I’m an Ex-Perfectionist 🙂
This is my working Manifesto to myself and the world.
I’ll be updating it from time to time as new inspirations and revelations occur.
If you have any ideas or thoughts for working with perfectionism of your own, or if you’d simply like to share your experience in this regard, I’d love to hear from you! (feel free to post in comments below).
1. I strive for Excellence, not perfection.
2. I do not allow the (misguided) idea of perfection stop me from creating, showing or sharing my work with the world.
3. I REVEL in my “mistakes,” big and small!
4. There is no such thing as “failure;” only continued experiments with varying degrees of success.
5. I am kind and generous with myself, and treat myself with respect no matter what the outcome of my project or experiment.
6. I appreciate myself for trying. Always.
7. If I notice that I’m spending too much time fussing over the details of my creation, I take a break and walk away.
8. I have a good, hearty laugh with myself at the end of each day, for in the end, it’s really not as serious as I think 🙂